Monday, September 24, 2012

Inspirational Quotes

When I arrived at school in September, the first thought that ran through my mind was "how am I ever going to cover these bare walls!" Of course, I have pictures of my friends and I hanging up all over but there was still plenty of wall space to be covered. As I am not once for posters (they are expensive and always get ruined by the end of the year) I looked for an alternative. I love inspirational quotes and wanted to put them up in my room.

1) Canvas Art
       All you need for this is a canvas and a quote that you like. I used stick on letters so that everything would be even and I wouldn't have to paint outside the lines but if you have good handwriting, trace out what you want written on the canvas in pencil first. I put the stick on letters onto the canvas and used some spare acrylic paint I had and painted over the letters. After letting the paint dry, I peeled off the letters and volia! 
    This is simple and very easy on the wallet. You can buy canvas of all different shapes and sizes at WalmartTargetMichaels or any craft store as well as stick on letters and acrylic paint. 

Stick on Letters
Hand Painted


Quote on Map

2) Cut up Magazine
    For this, all you need is an old magazine and a pair of scissors. Nothing is better than free, right? Pick a quote you like and simply trace cut out letters on the page of a magazine or draw out letters with a sharpie and cut the letter out. Once you have all the letters, you have your quote, now all you need is some tape and your magazine quote is complete!



3) Print-Outs
    There are many websites out there that allow you to visit their page and use one of their print outs. For mine, I simply printed out a page then used an old frame that had been pre matted and inserted the print out inside. You can find great frames for only a few dollars at thrift shops, the dollar store, or even five below. If you don't want to use a matted frame, you can also use scrapbook paper as a fun background. Try typing up a quote you like in a special font, play with the colors and paste it onto a piece of scrapbooking paper. This is a cheap way to add some color to your room and if you get bored with it, simply print out a new quote and stick it in the frame! 
    Try this blog for printout ideas, she provides printouts for free. All she asks you to do is follow the blog in return! Simple As That 

                         
Typed up quote on scrapbook paper
Print-Out in a frame
  

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just saw your post on my stuff and I love this idea too! I have done a few things with magazine cut out letters and also painting on paper. It does a great job taking up space on walls for a cute easy home decor. Hopefully you can see some cool stuff on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete